Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Skinny Girl....Fat Girl....Girl Interrupted (Bad grammar and All)





So, I'm fairy convinced that no one reads this stuff, but you know what, that's okay.  I'm writing this for me. Tonight's topic: body image.  I've been stick thin.  I've been overweight for my height. (I have a really really small frame).  Last but not least, I've been the girl interrupted.  Interrupted by my parents and their ridiculous rules.  I got in trouble for pretty much any and everything under the sun.  Including one of my favorite vices, eyeliner.  Individuality was forbidden.  So, I spent a lot of time conforming and conforming to the point where I had no idea how to even be my own person.  And then....everything changed.  My dad left for his his home country and I had five uninterrupted years of freedom.  My mom was easy enough to thwart.  The worst she could ever do to me was yell and even then, she finally understood that I am an American girl and that I was going to do things my way.

Cut to five years later.  Do I really think I am doing things my way or that I'm my own person? No.  Not really.  I find myself trying to conform myself to the mold of wifey.  Or future mother.  I'm not wifey material.  I'm still not done being young and stupid.  Quite frankly, I think I'm okay with it.  I wish I could take care of NB like he deserves.  I wish I could cook nice home-cooked meals for him.  I wish I was good at ironing his shirts.  But then the feminist in me goes....don't you dare conform.  The nurturer in me goes....cook, clean...take care of your man.

What am I supposed to do?

Skinny girl....


  Until next time....xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment